Sunday, June 08, 2008

Go fly a kite!

It may sound like a deprived childhood, but I've never flown a kite before! So, I was excited when Michael recently suggested that we buy a kite for our road trip next month. Michael found a good deal on a kite at Costco (and you know that everything's bigger @ Costco), so we waited for the perfect windy day. Finally, last weekend, it seemed that it was windy enough to give it a try. Michael, Ellie, and I took a family walk over to a neighborhood park with few trees. It was a blast! It wasn't super-windy that day, so Michael had to do a lot of running to "create" wind. Ellie and I loved seeing the dragon fly! And I had a great time snapping lots of pictures!

3 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

That's great!! I love kite flying... it ALMOST justifies the windy weather we've been having!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Ummm... Seems like we should be seeing vacation pics and tales from the road by now!!

By the way, TAG!! Six Words on You. (see my blog if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about)

michael said...

Yes, we've been very slacking as of late. We've gotten out of the routine a bit.