Saturday, March 03, 2007

the joys (and pains) of home ownership


As I write this, Michael is downstairs banging on a pipe and attempting to repair a clogged drain...we've been without the use of our kitchen sink for 2 days now. And the responsibility falls solely on us--no landlord to call for help!
Also today, we began painting our living and dining rooms. It was a little bit of slow progress, but fun to be able to personalize our home. A big thanks to our friend Amy for all of her neck-breaking help today!
So all of this home repair has me thinking...what have we gotten ourselves into?? But, it also has me praising the Lord for his many blessings! Thank you God for providing us with a great house that is just what we need--warm and cozy, with plenty of space for Ellie to run around! May we never take our blessings for granted!

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

I know what you mean. I hated our house for years. All I could see was all the work it needed and how much it cost. After I went to Africa I got a little better perspective. I still get frustrated with the expense & maintenance of it, but I understand what a blessing it is and I am truly thankful. Hopefully they'll clear the clog without clearing your savings account!