Sunday, June 17, 2007

Confessions of a Newpaper Delivery Guy, vol. 1

So I recently started a newspaper delivery route for The News Tribune. The good part is that my early morning routine is a little more regular - the bad part is that it starts at 3:30 a.m. From time to time I'll be posting some of my observations and thoughts here:

Day 1: 3:30 a.m. sure does come early

Day 2: what takes 1 hour for 2 people, takes 2 hours for 1 person (funny how that works).

Day 3: when launching a newspaper over a fence from 20 feet away, it's a good idea to aim away from the bucket of water...

Day 4: sneaking up on a large dog at 5:00 in the morning is not highly recommended

2 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Those are brilliant observations!! I often pass our NDG (newspaper delivery guy/gal) around 5am on my way to workout, and wonder how long they've been out, and what kind of stuff happens during those hours... Thanks for enlightening me! I look forward to more!

michael said...

remember...tips are always nice, too - they make for a very happy NDG :-D