Sunday, June 17, 2007

DiscoWest Worship

For the past 9 months or so, each Sunday evening I would gather with 20-30 adults and have a time of worship - we called it DiscoWest (Discovery West). But this evening is different & a part of me is sad. Those were some really great times of intimate worship & I will miss them. But most of all I will miss the people - that's what really makes up the church. It's one of the coolest things to lead 20-30 friends in worship - to help them connect with God and leading them to follow after His lead.

One of the songs that stands out to me the most (we sang it fairly often at DiscoWest) is Salvation is Here (Joel Houston). Below are some of the words:

God above all the world in motion
God above all my hopes and fears
And I don't care what the world throws at me now
I'm gonna be alright

Hear the sound of the generations
Making loud their freedom song
All in all that the world would know Your name
It's gonna be allright

If you ever have the opportunity to make it to a DiscoWest worship service, I'd highly recommend it. But in case you live just a little too far away (like Auburn, AL for instance) here's a little taste of DiscoWest worship. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

Mike and I love that song. Are you guys really leaving? I'm so sad to see you go. Please keep us posted on what you're up to!