Friday, August 31, 2007

Confessions of a Paper Delivery Guy - "All good things must come to an end"

For the past three months my morning routine has been pretty consistent. The alarm goes off at 3:30, gets snoozed a couple of times, I finally wake up, down some quick coffee and head off to deliver a hundred papers (give or take a few). It usually takes a couple of hours - it's really not too bad...until you realize you have to do it day after day after day.

So needless to say I am really looking forward to this Monday. Not only are we going on a much-needed vacation, but I'll have no more papers to deliver & it will be my first opportunity to sleep-in in 3 months!

There have definitely been some high points to the delivery: the best has to be getting to watch the eclipse last week through the various stages (the timing was perfect). But also a few low points and definitely some lessons learned (see here, here, and here). Overall it's been good, but I'm glad to see this chapter end.

No comments: