Thursday, November 01, 2007

9 Days and Counting

In the days leading up to the CMS, I thought I'd share a little about Tim Hughes who will be one of the main worship leaders at the conference. In yesterday's post, I shared about his song "When the Tears Fall." You can find the song here on iTunes.

Here is another song that has challenged me to really live out my faith. Two verses really stand out to me:

Micah 6:8, He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

James 1:27, Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

How many times have I walked out of a worship service, singing the songs, only to drive right past someone in need on the street? It's not enough to simply sing the songs or read the words, I've got to live it out. What that looks like might be different for you and me, but the needs are there & they are real. What are we going to do about it?

God of Justice

No comments: