Wednesday, October 31, 2007

10 days and counting

I'm pumped! Why? 'Cause in 10 days I'll get to see one of my favorite worship leaders. Tim Hughes will be in Washington state leading worship at the CMS, and I am super-excited!

I love his heart-felt lyrics and his willingness to ask the hard questions. Take his song "When the Tears Fall" for example:

I've had questions without answers
I've known sorrow, I have known pain
But there's one thing that I'll cling to:
You are faithful, Jesus, You're true

When hope is lost, I call You Savior
When pain surrounds, I call you Healer
When silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart

This has been one of the songs that has carried me through some of the tough times. Of course not all his songs are as heavy as this one (see the videos below), but some really great stuff - especially his last two albums.

On a slightly lighter note, check out these videos. For those humorously inclined, watch this one:


For those who take the slightly more serious route, you'll enjoy this one:

No comments: