Thursday, May 15, 2008

The End of an Era


Time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday we moved out to Washington. Shortly after I started a project that that has consumed a great deal of my time and energy over the past 4.5 years. That project - Seminary. Now that time is coming to a close. Last night I finished up my final project, hit the send button on my email, and did a quick PTL.

It has been a challenge at times (keeping up with the assignments and still finding time for ministry and family), but it has been good. I must say, I really love my school. It has been a true blessing. For me, it's never been just about getting the degree (there would have been quite a few schools that would have made things a little easier if that was my goal). One of the unique things about my school is that most of the students (probably between 75-95%) are actively involved in doing ministry at the same time they are taking classes. That makes a big difference. When you can take the things you are learning and apply them in a real life situation, it makes it that much more meaningful. The professors know this and encourage us to make application in ministry as often as we can.

In addition, the friendships I have made have been amazing. We're still figuring out what the next stage for us is (we have a couple of things in the works), but it has been an exciting 5 years here in the Pacific Northwest.

Graduation is May 24th (at Northside Baptist Church in Vancouver) at 2pm. Thanks for all the love and support over the past 5 years! We're excited about what the next 5 years hold!

4 comments:

Sara Sandefur said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Wow, Congratulations!! I guess that means I need to quit associating you with a student, and start thinking of you as a graduate... Good luck with whatever comes next!

michael said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your achievement! I know it couldn't have been easy, and your life will be so much richer. :-)