Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Summer's a comin'


Here in the northwest, summer is a big deal! It means we've survived a long, cold, and rainy winter. It means the days are really long (light when you wake up in the morning and when you go to bed at night). And it means hanging out with friends and enjoying lots of grilled food (also known as barbecues here).

For our little family, this summer will be the start of a camping adventure. We're planning a road trip to Wisconsin in July and we're going to tent camp along the way. I'm really excited about exploring, hanging out with Michael and Ellie, and seeing what we can discover along the way. It's been fun to talk about where we want to visit. Also, it's been exciting to collect our gear (I've hit some great yard sales) and plan for meals (I took a camp cooking class last week to get ready). Most of all, I'm just excited about a real family vacation...a getaway!

So, this week as we kick off warm weather by reaching for 90 degrees, I'll be soaking up the sunshine and thanking the Lord for allowing us to live in such a beautiful place. I guess it takes the rain and clouds to make me appreciate the sunshine and warmth...maybe there's a life lesson in that!!

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing adventure you've got in the works! I'd love some tips on cooking when camping - we love camping but I'm still not very good at that part...
It's a beautiful drive, we drove to Minnesota several times when I was growing up, have a great time!!!